.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

notoneforstarving

Art as Life as Art

My Photo
Name:
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Shockoe Bottom Arts Center

The recently relocated and renamed SBAC adopted the city of Petersburg, Va in 2003, and is the new site of my first studio. Yaaaaay. It's 22 miles from Richmond, roughly the same distance from Newport News to Williamsburg, albeit with 6 lanes of traffic and a lot more tractor trailors. It's a bit of a drive but I think it's going to work out because it's going to allow me to have a cheaper apartment. Yaaaay.

I don't know a thing about Petersburg. It looks a lot like Farmville and Staunton, with much of the architecture heralding the 1860-1950's middle-city "I never grew up" style. It feels wierd having three 'homes' in three different cities and it doesn't help that I spent 4 hours this week watching the History Channel's take on the Crusades. Just so long as that Saladin bastard doesn't try to lay a seige on any of my art, life could be pretty peachy right about now.