.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

notoneforstarving

Art as Life as Art

My Photo
Name:
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Lose the moss.

Dear Diary: It's been an exciting month. A lot of changes are taking place, and for starters I'm putting the charcoal down for a while. It's big, it's cumbersome, it's oppressive, it's bad for your lungs and skin, and most importantly it's quite a lot of black. It's hard to stand up and look at that much black day after day, it's unnecessary, so the wet mediums are less dangerously alluring to me at the moment. I'm going around asking everyone how they mix their mediums. Watch out.

Secondly, I've agreed to begin opening deliberations for the deliberating process of relocating to another city. Without knowing exactly how feasable it even is to relocate at the current time, I'm interested in leaving Richmond for Philadelphia by the upcoming Fall. Change of scenery, bigger art scene, bigger city, mass transit, more opportunity, and the first real change of scenery in 10 years are all primary motivations. Inhibitions: money, time, place to work, place to live. First up to bat will be finding a place to work and saving money. A few friends and I have agreed to make some reconnaisance trips up there between now and June and I've got my current boss looking into whether or not I might be able to transfer employment up north. Wheels in motion, only time can tell.








Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
(Philadelphia PA)
Calling all visual artists working in Philadelphia!

Philadelphia Open Studio Tours (POST) is the largest open studio event in the region, with over 180 participating artists.

POST 2006 is scheduled for October 7-8 (studios West of Broad Street) and October 14-15 (studios east of Broad).

There are a couple of great exhibition opportunities for POST artists this year, including a show at the National Constitution Center that will open on First Friday, October 6th, and a show at the gallery of the Center For Emerging Visual Artists off Rittenhouse Square.

Register today! Download the registration forms from post.cfeva.org or contact us for more information: (215) 546-7775 x13 / andrew@cfeva.org

Application/Entry Fee: $80

Application Deadline: 05/01/06

(215) 546-7775 x13
andrew@cfeva.org
POST Coordinator
Philadelphia Open Studio Tours (POST)
The Center For Emerging Visual Artists
237 South 18th Street, Ste. 3A
Philadelphia, PA 19103

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home